US IlHpHS Cent.col
Highland Park Centennial Collection
- 1959-1976 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1.5 Cubic feet : 2 Boxes [Mixed materials]
Name of creator
Name of creator
Highland Park has a diversity of churches and synagogues, representing multiple denominations. From the first, a Catholic Church a cabin of oak logs erected by early settlers in 1846 to the Christian Science Church built in 1904 (the building was sold to the City in 1984), this collection comprises documents, service programs, photographs, newspaper articles and other materials pertinent to the Roman Catholic, Evangelical, Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, and other Christian churches and materials pertinent to several Jewish synagogues serving the community.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This collection, created by the Highland Park Historical Society, contains materials relating to Highland Park's centennial celebration in 1969. The collection includes memorabilia such as stickers, candle holders, and wooden nickels, the Centennial Anniversary Dinner programs, manuscripts for publications about Highland Park history, especially in reference to its centennial, special editions of local news publications covering the centennial, news clippings, and the centennial banner.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Collection is in good condition.